Top 5 Energising Juice Blends
Although mornings are our favourite time of day, sometimes it’s tough to get out of bed and jump into our routine. That’s why we’ve created a list of our top 5 energising juices to get your day started on the right track. These juice blends are packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. All you need to do is throw them in the blender. This is a cheaper and more fun alternative to buying fresh juices from the supermarket.
1. The Hydrator - A great source of vitamins and minerals. Celery, cucumber and spinach are made up of over 90% water, making this a perfect drink for rehydration. In addition, ginger and lemon aid in digestion. Altogether, these ingredients make an energising concoction.
1 large cucumber
8 stalks of celery
1 handful of kale
1 handful of spinach
1 handful of parsley
1-inch piece of ginger
2. The UpBeet - Although high in carbs and sugar, beets are packed with vitamin C, potassium, fiber and magnesium. They help to fight inflammation, lower blood pressure, and increase stamina. The hydration of cucumbers mixed with the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric and sweetness of the apples makes for an energising and delicious treat.
3 small green apples
1 large beet (and its greens)
2 thumb-sized amounts of turmeric root
3. Sex Drive - This is a libido-boosting superblend of pheramone rich properties. Watermelon helps relax blood vessels, increasing sex drive and avocados contain vitamin B, said to increase male hormone production.
2 cups coconut water or aloe vera juice
2 stalks of celery
1 small piece of ginger
1 handful of basil
4. Turmeric Ginger Carrot Juice - We talk about turmeric so much because it deserves continuous praise. This superfood is packed with the mesonutrient curcumin, which is an anti-inflammatory that everyone should be consuming daily. Ginger adds a little spice and aids in digestion.
5 Medium-sized carrots (peeled)
2 Apples (halved and cores removed)
1 Small piece of fresh ginger (1 inch)
1/8 Teaspoon turmeric
5. Morning Sunshine Smoothie - This juice is the perfect start to any morning. It’s packed with vitamin C and it’s sweet and tangy citrus taste will have you coming back for more.
2-3 freshly-juiced tangerines
1 ruby red grapefruit (juiced)
A handful of frozen strawberries
Peel and juice the tangerines with the grapefruit, and puree the blended juice with the frozen strawberries.